Without a position on EXPA, a user with an account in our systems will always get redirected to YOP (opportunities.aiesec.org) they shouldn't have access to our internal CRM.
To assign members to a position and add him to EXPA, you need to have an EB position in the committee you're intending to do so. Ensure you have one before going through the steps.
- Open My Committee in the top right options of your profile.
- Go to Teams tab. There you will find all the teams per term, then choose the current term (which is usually the latest.
- In case the member is not on your team’s structure and you have not invited him before, click on Invite member. Then there are two ways to invite the members to EXPA. If the member is already in the team, jump this and the next 4 steps 🏃💨.
- If the member has already signed up on YOP, you can invite him to your team by clicking on Invite a member with an account or if the member is signing up for the first time, press Invite new member with no account.
- For the Invite a member with an account, the Invite Member window will display. There just type the name of the member you are inviting to the team and pick him for the list that displays. Once you have selected him, press Invite.
- For the Invite new member with no account (which should only be used for people with no account), a different Invite Member window will display. Fill the form with the correct information from the user and select the committee he will be signing up for. Write the name of the LC and pick one from the list that displays.
- The member will receive an invitation email to create his account by setting a password. Ask him to follow the steps there.
- After inviting the member to your team structure, you can add the member to a new or an existing team by creating a position. Click on the + button in the position you would like your member to be under.
- The Add a new Position window will display. Write Position name and the dates for the position (assign the dates depending on how long the member position lasts) and then search for the member in your team and pick him from the list.
- Once you've added the member, you'll see the new position in the structure.